Support The Journey
Featuring: Alexa Thompson Art
Art Collaborative & Fundraiser
Benefitting: I’m The Evidence Campaign
“The Promise of Spring”
- The Promise of Spring is an original acrylic painting on wood finished with a high gloss epoxy resin
- Size: 16 x 24 x 75″
- Ready to hang (keyhole)
- Perfect for home or office
- Original to be awarded to the bidder with the highest donation offer
- Limited Edition 12 x 12 Giclee Prints also available for purchase
- All proceeds will benefit the I’m The Evidence Campaign
About the Art Collaborative & Fundraiser
This collaborative creates an intersection between art, mental wellness, and fundraising.
Coming together through art strengthens us individually and as a community.
“Art washes from the soul the dust of everyday life.”
– Pablo Picasso
“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn’t say any other way – things I had no words for.”
– Georgia O’Keeffe
“Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.”
– Vincent van Gogh
How To Bid
Donation bids for the original artwork can be made by:
- Commenting on the original social media post with the amount being offered (this is important as organizers can only receive notifications of comments made to their original post) or
- Sending a private message or email to on of the following organizers:
- Support the Journey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mental Health Association in PA (email@example.com)
- Alexa Thompson Art (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Donation bids made via social media post comments are public and may be viewed by others. The minimum starting bid must be $125.00
- Bids will be acknowledged by organizers (being “liked” or a reply email)
- Organizers will coordinate and communicate highest bids by updating their original posts
- Anonymous requests made via private messages will be honored when the final award announcement is presented
Bidding will be open from December 1 to December 16
Limited Edition Giclee Prints Available!
Giclee prints are being made available so more people can enjoy “The Promise of Spring” in their home or office.
What is a giclee print?
- “Giclee” is a French word that’s pronounced “zee-clay.” These prints are high-quality and known for their unbeatable longevity.
- The process of giclee printing is a little different than other printing processes. It works in much the same way that an inkjet printer does. However, rather than dye, they use pigment inks. These can achieve vivid colors with high-accuracy and exceptional details.
- “The Promise of Spring” 12 x 12 Limited Edition Giclee Prints on archival-grade textured paper can be purchased for $75.00 by emailing email@example.com
- Only 50 prints available & certificate of authenticity will be included.
*Frame not included
More About the Art Collaborative & Fundraiser
After seeing Alexa’s art and purchasing a couple of her watercolor pieces, Karen reached out to ask if she’d be interested in collaborating on a project to create something that could be used as a fundraiser. Karen offered to prepare an abstract cutout out of 3/4 inch (cabinet grade plywood) she could use as a “canvas” to paint whatever moved her. Without hesitation, Alexa agreed.
Once the painting was completed, Alexa then returned it so Karen could apply an epoxy resin topcoat. Alexa’s signature was cut out on a laser printer and embedded into the finish providing additional dimension and a unique touch to the artwork. To say the least, the final piece turned out beautifully and exceeded expectations!
Identifying the Mental Health Association in Pennsylvania (MHAPA) as the recipient of the funds was an obvious choice since Support The Journey has partnered with the MHAPA many times before and is the founding partner for the I’m The Evidence Campaign. When contacted, Connie Hammann, Acting Director of Advocacy, immediately understood the natural connection and relationship between art and mental health and was on board to support the effort.
It is the hope of the organizers and artist that this initiative proves successful and is but the first of many more collaborations to come. Thank you for your support of this project, as well as your individual contributions to improving your own wellbeing and the communities in which you live.
From the Studios Pictures of the Creative Process
Canvas preparation & painting:
Finish coat & final photographs:
Notes from the Organizers
Support The Journey
It’s been an honor and privilege to work on this project in order to bring art and mental health together for the purpose of fundraising. There is truly no better reward than to see an idea come to fruition and to accomplish it with people you hold in high regard. The MHAPA/Connie and Alexa have been wonderful partners and we all hope this is but the first of many successful events to come!
Mental Health Association in PA
MHAPA is thrilled to partner with two gifted artists and amazing women and are grateful for the consideration in this project to donate the proceeds to our organization. This collaboration with Karen and Alexa will not only offer an opportunity to bring beauty into our everyday lives but will also raise awareness to the needs and supports individuals have when dealing with mental health issues. This initiative is the embodiment of what the I’m the Evidence Campaign is all about; celebrating people who are the living Evidence of mental health recovery and the individuals and communities who support them.
From the Artist – Alexa Thompson
I am excited and honored to be a part of this collaboration. I’ve worked in the behavioral health field since 2004 and delved into art in 2018, so this project really resonates with me on both of those fronts. It’s inspiring to be a part of a larger vision to support recovery, honor the many individuals journeys, and continue to advocate for the behavioral health field as a whole.