External Advocates are independent advocates who provide assistance and support to individuals receiving services at state operated mental health and juvenile justice facilities.
- Help individuals and their families with questions, concerns, and complaints regarding hospital care and treatment.
- Help resolve concerns and complaints.
- Work with individuals and others, including local/regional mental health offices and county providers, to facilitate community living.
- Refer individuals to an attorney or agency that provides legal advocacy.
- Assist with questions about benefit programs and concerns regarding employment.
- Provide technical assistance and education regarding rights to individuals, their families, and the hospital staff.
- Ensure the fundamental rights of the individual receiving services in the state-operated facility.
If you have questions about the External Advocate Program, contact MHAPA by phone at 866-578-3659 or email email@example.com.
External Adult Advocates:
Clark Summit State Hospital (CSSH)
Danville State Hospital (DSH)
Norristown State Hospital (NSH)
External Youth Advocates:
External Youth Advocates provide advocacy in the following state-operated facilities:
- Youth Forestry Camps 2 and 3
- Loysville Youth Development Center and Secure Treatment Center
- North Central Secure Treatment Unit
- South Mountain Secure Treatment Unit
To connect with a youth advocate, contact Elaina Ingalls at firstname.lastname@example.org.